I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Monday, December 26, 2005

Holiday Hiatus

This is going to be the last ISB post of 2005, since I'm heading up North tomorrow to see my family. And we all know how well that usually goes. So, I'm afraid you'll have to turn elsewhere for your vitriolic comics-related humor until the dawn of 2006. Me, I'll be bumming around Ohio doing my best to fulfill my two stated goals, which are:

1. Being drunk as much as possible.

2. Reading my Peter David Aquaman run.

Easily achievable, and I think they might enhance each other. Still, before I go, I'd like to give a rundown on the Christmas Swag I've gotten so far, a list that for the first time since I was five years old does not include a video game. Yet.

My pals came through pretty well this year, with Chad's custom OMAC action figure and Tug's gift of the most awesome t-shirt ever, but my mother decided to take a different tact.

In addition to a nice new digital camera, she got me an astounding amount of liquor. And I'm not talking about swinging by the liquor store on Christmas Eve, although we did that, too. I'm talking about a fifth of Old No. 7 in my stocking and a bottle of Jäger wrapped up under the tree, all topped off with a shiny new flask.

I can only assume that she's fully supportive of my New Year's Resolution to be drunk at work as often as I possibly can. It's a Christmas Miracle!

And finally, I can only consider the following a personal gift to me from the publishers of Archie Comics, from a one-page strip explaining why Betty likes sports so much:

Yowza!Happy New Year, everybody!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Chris! Safe travels to Ohio. We'll lift a JagerBomb or two for you Saturday night. You will be missed.

12/27/2005 12:23 AM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

Yeah, have a drink for Poor Ol' Chris, trapped in the land of Sisters and Aunts while you're livin' it up amongst drunken schoolgirl waitresses.

12/27/2005 12:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home