I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Solomon Stone: Now In Two Dimensions!

That's right: I'm squeezing yet another update out of this.

Anyway, when properly focused, the ISB's readership--an army numbering in the high dozens--is not unlike a laser, and with the tremendous response I've gotten to the turgid prose of Chapter 14: Deadly is the Hydra, it should come as no surprise that some of my more artistically-minded readers have taken it upon themselves to offer up illustrations of the World's Most Radical Action Hero.

First up, we've got Matthew Smith with an animated-style piece that features both Solomon's radical skateboard skills and a devastating Cromartie-esque pompadour:



That would've been enough to make my day, but then I recieved an email from EKN, who offers up a sketch of the cover art from the forthcoming Solomon Stone graphic novel adaptation, which scores untold bonus points for including Minxy Flatbush:

(Click for full-sized face-rocking)


It's the beginning of a media empire. I can feel it.




BONUS FEATURE: Honest-To-God ISB Fanart


The same day that I got the first Solomon Stone art, I also recieved a message from Steve, which included the following sketch of me as MODOK.



For the record, I don't actually have glasses, a lightning bolt-shaped soul patch, or a pipe (let alone a pipe that emits Kirby Krackle), but it's based on the default picture on my MySpace Page is the same one I use for the Relatively Serious Comics Reviews graphic. And also, it is totally awesome.

BONUS BONUS FEATURE: Monkey Punch Dinosaur!


On the off chance that you're not sick of the crayons yet, I've lent my highly dubious "talents" to Adam Ford's Monkey Punch Dinosaur! For those of you unfamiliar, yes. It is exactly what it sounds like.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet F***ing Christmas! Like the men of stout Cortez, looking for the first time at the Pacific from a peak in Darien, I am overcome with a wild surmise. Truly, when it comes to vampire private eye fiction, You Can't Get Blood From A STONE!

1/24/2007 1:17 AM

 
Blogger LurkerWithout said...

M.O.D.O.B? Man, without a name that ends in a K or a hard C all the other acronym dudes in A.I.M. are just going to laugh at you...

1/24/2007 2:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apart from the skateboarding thing, I woulda seen Stone as an older fella than those pics would indicate. Older, kinda grizzled.

1/24/2007 3:27 AM

 
Blogger Adam said...

And of course the invitation to submit pictures of monkeys punching dinosaurs is heartily extended to all of the superb illustrators that abound among your devotees, Chris. Thanks again for the monkeypunch.

I shall return the favour with some SolStone fanfic forthwith.

1/24/2007 6:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know who EKN is, but I do so dig that picture. Solomon Stone may look considerably less like Bruce Campbell than I imagined (and considerably more like Dean Venture), but other than that -- pure awesome.

1/24/2007 8:02 AM

 
Blogger R.Nav said...

Wow. Those Solomon Stone pictures rock! I especially enjoy the second one because it proves that Solomon Stone will be three times as awesome as Dragon's Lair.

1/24/2007 10:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn I knew I should have put Minxy in there.

1/24/2007 12:19 PM

 
Blogger Nathan P. Mahney said...

Two semi-unrelated comments:

1) You know Adam Ford! I've met the guy a couple of times through a friend, he's really awesome. Great poet, also.

2) This has shown up on Amazon:

D&D Rules Compendium (Hardcover)
by Chris Sims (Compiler)

Is it you? Because awesome if it is.

1/24/2007 12:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoodwin:

SOLOMON STONE

or

TEK! JANSEN! (OF ALPHA SQUAD 7!)

1/24/2007 1:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, can't you do an L Ron Hubbard and start a Solomon Stone religion? It's filling a hole we didn't even know we had. No, not that type of hole. In fact, I rate Solomon Stone even more Airwolf than Marvel Adventures 9, since - and this is surely Jeff Parker's secret shame - the Avengers return to normal at the end!!! Word verification: ywmrir. You can do your own Clor gag - I'm too busy freaking out.

1/24/2007 3:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stone's shirt in Matthew's picture is radical to the max. It makes me wish all our heroes wore pastel shot silk.

1/24/2007 3:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hoping that "Monkey Punch Dinosaur" indicated some sort of Lupin III spoof.

1/24/2007 5:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call me crazy -- many have -- but I pictured Solomon Stone as black. Solomon Burke, not Solomon Kane (both of whom are completely worth your time).

1/24/2007 8:00 PM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

Apart from the skateboarding thing, I woulda seen Stone as an older fella than those pics would indicate. Older, kinda grizzled.

Nope, in order to >conquer the youth market--uh, I mean, embody the spirit of rebelliousness, Solomon's a younger fella. OR IS HE?!

1/24/2007 9:02 PM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

D&D Rules Compendium (Hardcover)
by Chris Sims (Compiler)

Is it you? Because awesome if it is.


Nope, afraid not. If memory serves, there's another Chris Sims out there who's done some stuff for Dragon Magazine, so that's probably him.

1/24/2007 10:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little concerned about all the Solomon Stone slash fiction that is starting to appear on the internet, but I suppose it doesn't hurt the original product too much.

1/24/2007 11:28 PM

 
Anonymous مكافحة الحشرات بجدة said...

افضل واقوى الشركات التي تقدم خدمات مكافحة حشرات المنزل البق والصراصير والنمل والعته تلك التي تستخدم مبيدات آمنة في شركه مكافحه حشرات بجده التي تتعامل في مكافحة الحشرات المنزلية وتستخدم مبيدات آمنة ومضمونة كما هو الوضع او النظام في مثل شركه مكافحه حشرات بمكه المكرمه التي تتعامل مع الحشرات في المنازل وترى اننا في مثل تلك الحالات افضل شركه مكافحه حشرات بالرياض نستخدم مبيدات آمنة ومضمونة وفعالة في التخلص من الحشرات في ارخص شركه مكافحه الصراصير بالمدينه المنوره واجود في تقديم الخدمات الخاصة باعمال شركه رش مبيدات بجده وهي مبيدات آمنة وفعالة ومضمونة
وقد تجدنا في مدينة الطائف التابعة لإمارة مكة المكرمة تحت مسمى شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالطائف لديها امكانيات كبيرة في مكافحة الحشرات المنزلية والقضاء على الحشرات

8/08/2020 2:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home