I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Ain't Nobody Dope As Me

You know what's awesome?

The day after I get hate mail where a guy asks "Who the fuck do you expect to come into a comic shop? Millionaires?" we get a visit from hip-hop star Big Boi. He's one of half of Outkast, and I'm pretty sure that guy's rich.

Now that's comedy.

I'll admit, I was a little slow on the uptake. It took me until halfway through ringing him up to realize who he was, and that's after I'd loaned the folks from next door my sharpie so he could sign stuff. In case you're curious, he ended up buying a statue of Chewbacca, some Family Guy action figures, and--to my surprise--a Groo lunchbox.

He's a funny guy, and was pretty cool all around.

It was almost as awesome as this:

You may be asking yourself how this happened.

That's Action Comics #243, recently reprinted in the Showcase Presents Superman trade, and while I haven't read it yet, I'm pretty freakin' excited. I mean, look at it. He looks so morose about the whole situation.

And yet he's taking charge. Lois is clearly backing off, probably trying to think up a better excuse than "I've got to wash my hair," and Superman's having none of it. "We must act out a modern-day Beauty and the Beast, sweetheart. That's how it's going to be. Otherwise you might fall down the stairs at the Fortress of Solitude."

"And you don't want to fall down those stairs again, do you Lois? Yeah, I thought so. Now get me a raw steak."

That's what it says to me at least.

5 Comments:

Blogger Phil Looney said...

Holy crap!?!?!? That's awesome! What time did he come in?

10/02/2005 9:00 AM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

A little bit after six. Matt P was already gone and Matt G was just leaving.

10/02/2005 4:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is cool. Do you know why he was in town? I know Outkast is working on a film called Idlewild that takes place in the South, and I was wondering if they might be filming in the area.

10/02/2005 8:12 PM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

He was promoting a compilation CD he produced. He even gave a sampler to Ben, which I need to remember to steal.

10/02/2005 10:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Notice how Supes has the lion head and hands... but his feet are still human. And where's his tail? I feel ripped off.

10/04/2005 2:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home