I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Friday, October 28, 2005

Well, That Explains Mirror Mirror

No matter what I write here, today will always be remembered as the day Mr. Sulu came out of the closet.
Booyakasha!

Which is just as well, because I haven't been getting a whole lot of sleep lately and I can barely string together a sentence. A few things though:

1. While it has nothing to do with who George Takei wants to have sex with, I've found myself thinking a lot recently about that awesome E*Trade commercial he was in a few years back, where he was playing the villain in mock trailer for an action movie called "BLOW'D UP!, the punchline being that a guy sees the trailer and then immediately uses E*Trade to sell his stock in the company.

But man, I'd see that movie like eighteen times.

2. As I drove home tonight, hovering just on this side of sleep, I scanned through the AM stations until I found one where a CPA gave specialized tax advice to truckers. I don't know why, but this is the kind of thing that fascinates me.

Maybe it was how people would call in using their CB handles to ask questions about keeping receipts and capital gains. Maybe it was my curiosity as to whether the CPA's Southern accent was genuine or fabricated. Maybe it was the part where he explained how the trucking industry's tax laws are highly specific, and if you take your taxes to someone who doesn't understand how they work, "you're gonna be the one getting your oil changed." Regardless, I could not hear enough about how the industry standard per diem rose from $41 to $52 this month.

It kinda made me want to put togther a run of US1.

3. Look what I bought today:

Yet Another Reason
Yep. A full run.

I'm thinking of getting out of super-hero books altogether and just reading comics aimed at thirteen year-old girls. I hear there's a new Nancy Drew manga out, after all...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Church said...

Maybe you should read manga about 13 year old girls.

Who are dead. Because of Nazis.

Buy hey, Astroboy!

10/28/2005 6:10 PM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

This isn't one of those manga where the boys are kissing each other is it?

Clickety-click.

Oh, good. It's just an Astro-Boy/Anne Frank crossover.

Wait, what?!

10/28/2005 6:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home