I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Christmas With the Wiz

Tonight was the annual Wizards and Villains Christmas Dinner and Party, and while Matt P. was true to form and didn't bother to show up, the rest of the evening went off without a hitch.

Dinner was down at the Macaroni Grill, a fine place where they make the deadly mistake of giving a bunch of guys who work at a comic book store crayons and a table they're allowed to draw on. Me, I drew a picture of the Hulk wearing a Santa hat:

You better watch out...It's probably the best picture I've drawn since I was in second grade and made a comic about Batman fighting Blanka from Street Fighter, so I kept it.

Post-pasta, it was back to Scott's for an evening that included almost 4000% less drinking than last year's big holiday shindig and the distribution of presents. And seriously, not to brag or anything? I buy awesome presents. Say what you want about the fact that I celebrate my birthday for six weeks, but it's taught me a thing or two about shopping and giftwrapping, and except for a minor misstep last year when I bought Ben a copy of Simon Winchester's Krakatoa (well he likes history, and The Professor and the Madman is awesome), I usually do pretty well.

Everybody seemed to think so this year, anyway. But even though MG3 looked thrilled at the digitally remastered copy of Love Gun I got him, I'm pretty sure I made it out of there with the best present. Radical C got me something you can't buy in a store, my friends.

He got me a custom-made OMAC action figure.

Are YOU ready for the gift that's coming?!It'll be hard to top.

But don't let that stop you from trying.

Next: The ISB fights alone against the Worst Christmas Comic Ever!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Sims said...

A coffin. The gift that keeps on giving.

12/17/2005 12:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home