I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Friday, January 06, 2006

Anniversary Special Part 1: One Year Later...

...And it's still all Phil's fault.
Yes, one year ago today, at 2:30 in the morning, I finally gave into peer pressure and started the ISB. And to celebrate, I bought a cake:

Thanks to Mark Hale for the word Awesomeversary!It was probably the best piece of advice Phil ever gave me, although to be fair, he doesn't often pipe up with the advice. Usually it's just nonsense that makes me want to stab him, but still. He mentioned it when I told him my New Year's Resolution last year had been to write more, and with 190,000 words over the past twelve months, I'd say I lived up to it.

For the record, out of those, only 225 were the word "awesome." It seems a little low, but I didn't even start talking about Count Dante until mid-February, and Chuck Norris didn't show up until a few short weeks ago, so I guess that's to be expected.

So what have I learned over the past year? Well, it's simple.

You want people to tell you you're a good writer? Write about a relative dying.

Want people to actually read your work? Gay Superheroes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Phil Looney said...

You know, I almost bought you an anniversary gift at Barnes and Nobles last night - a book called: "10 Reasons You Might Be Gay."

But I figured I'd be nice after the comment about your sideburns.

1/07/2006 10:19 AM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

You know, Phil, I'm not sure if you can put names on a physical act, but if you can, there's a stabbing with yours on it.

1/07/2006 4:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, happy anniversary. You know, I've been in England for the last 2 weeks, and the ISB withdrawl symptoms I suffered were... well, there just aren't any words, really. Here's to a future filled with ninjas and gay superheroes; with TV channels airing Karate Kid 24/7; where it's Christmas all year long.

1/07/2006 8:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home