I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Batman: Master of the Chin-Check

I don't know if you guys have been paying attention to what's been going on in DC Comics for the past year or so, but everybody has been punching Batman lately. Green Lantern did it to prove he was mentally sound, Green Arrow did it for no particular reason that I could see, and heck, I think even Hawkman got one in, and that guy doesn't even know how doors work.

Well, fictional characters, I certainly hope you've enjoyed yourselves. Because I know what's coming next: a little thing called Batribution. That's right suckers, here's a sneak preview of what's coming when you get a one-way ticket to Uppercut Junction.

[Suggested listening: Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture. With cannon fire.]

Art by Neal Adams

Art by Neal Adams

Art by Alan Davis

Art by Neal Adams

Art by John McCrea

Art by Alan Davis
And finally... one for the ladies...

Art by Neal Adams
SHIRTLESS BATMAN ROCKS YOU.

8 Comments:

Blogger Phil Looney said...

Hopfully, there will be a post IC crossover called "Batribution" where Batman is still pissed over getting the mindrape, sorry, mindwipe, and he just decks everybody in the DC universe. With one punch.

BTW - I'm pretty sure he already decked Hawkman a few months back in JLA. I remember being pretty happy about that.

1/16/2006 8:36 AM

 
Blogger Mark W. Hale said...

Hot damn, Neal Adams and Alan Davis.

1/16/2006 10:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee. My verification word was ovalifay, which is French for the little ovary wiggle that women have when they see Batman uppercutting people. Whoa there.

1/16/2006 10:41 AM

 
Blogger Adam said...

I was always disappointed that, while my Mego Batman could do the "mask but no shirt" bit, it could only do it with the addition of "and no pants". Even when you put the boots and gloves and cape on him, it was still nowhere near as sexy as 70s hairy-chested shirtless Batman.

Did the chest hair survive the first Crisis, by the way? And if not, will it return post-Infinite Crisis?

1/16/2006 6:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could never figure out how his mask stayed on like the entire thing was freakin' painted on his neck. (See also: cover for Batman #244)

And the hairy chest is just too David Hasselhoff for me. Blech.

1/16/2006 7:49 PM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

I'm genuinely surprised it took over a year for the phrase "ovary wiggle" to show up on the ISB.

Gary - The panel's in Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams v.3, but that particular scan is from my copy of The Saga of Ra's al-Ghul #4. Mmm, Baxter Paper.

Lorene - Too David Hasslehoff? That Forest of Power is a sign of Bruce's Bat-Virility!

1/16/2006 8:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. Did anybody see the Nick Fury movie starring David Hasselhoff? Did his hirstue comeliness contribute to his playing of the role, or detract from it? Is it wrong to think that he's kinda hot? Discuss!

1/17/2006 12:45 AM

 
Anonymous Florence said...

In my opinion everybody should browse on this.

9/02/2012 2:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home