I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Friday, April 21, 2006

Dances With Bats

So here's what I learned from the Bill Finger/Sheldon Moldoff story in Giant Batman Annual #1:

When you're Silver Age Batman and you find a piece of three hundred year-old Native American pottery in your sprawling anti-crime basement, you don't just head down to your local library to find out more about where it came from.

No, you take it to someone who can send you back in time. And for what follows... there are no words.

Enjoy.









Yes, for the record, that's Batman terrifying them with "Batarang Magic."

Yikes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes most assuredly.

"A red stain, brewed from tree bark. It colors my skin perfectly for my role as an indian!"

And diluted sap, tapped from the same tree. It brill-creams my pompadour to perfection!

Just tell me he doesn't pat his palm against his mouth and make "WOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOO!" calls.

4/22/2006 2:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the plus side, at least his comment about not being able to run for it means that racist sterotypes of Native Americans are tougher than racist stereotypes of the Japanese or Italian-Americans. If it were ninjas or Mafia guys with machine guns, Batman would have stayed and just kicked their asses. Oh, Silver Age Batman. While I will always treasure that cover of you holding the gorilla over your head, you sacrificed so very, very much in the war against Dr. Wertham.

4/22/2006 10:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Batarang Magic"?!

Batman, they're Native Americans, not morons.

Normally this stuff washes off me, but for some reason this particular comic book bothers me.

I mean, think about what it would be like to be a Native American child and read this comic.

4/22/2006 11:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home