I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Monday, August 21, 2006

Notes to Self

I imagine it's the same way with most people who write a lot, but over the past year or so, I've taken to writing notes to myself almost constantly.

Seriously, the wall in front of my desk at the Shop is covered with Post-Its, covering everything from the name of a professor whose Shakespeare lectures I really enjoyed back in high school to, as you might expect, half-formed ISB ideas. You know, lists of things like Marvel Comics where the cover advertises characters "going wild" or The Worst Cover Blurbs I have ever seen.

Incidentally, that last one's only got two entries so far: the so-bad-it's-almost-awesome Thor #469, and the nigh-unforgiveable Robin #146.

Clearly, most of my notes are pretty self-explanatory. But every now and then, I'll come across one that I've completely forgotten about, like last week when I found a copy of Firestorm #56, from a few months ago when I did my two-part Brief History of the character. There was a post-it stuck to the bag with the simple note: Page 4, Panel 5.

So what was so important about that panel? Not much...



...except that it's probably the most awesome thing ever.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn Commie perverts, always lousing up the joint...

8/22/2006 2:05 AM

 
Blogger Brandon Bragg said...

Strangely enough, fist sucking is, in fact, the favored pastime of lice-riddled Commie Perverts everywhere.

They just can't get enough of it.

8/22/2006 2:16 AM

 
Blogger Steven said...

Hit me you can't hurt me

Suck my fist!

Kick me, you pervert commie,

Stick with this

Is he talking dirty?

Give to me sweet sacred bliss

Your mouth was made to suck my fist!

8/22/2006 2:17 AM

 
Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

I don't know. "He's mad and he's going to break your face" is pretty dang awesome itself ...

8/22/2006 2:54 AM

 
Blogger John said...

That's the best thing I've ever seen.

8/22/2006 10:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos to Steve for combining Red Hot Chili Peppers lyrics with craptastic 90's comics.

2 otherwise awful tastes that now taste great together.

Also, I'm a little worried about Luke Cage "Goin' Wild" and "Busting out".

Bad enough he used to dress like a cheap whore...

Wow.
I'm awfully grumpy allofasudden.

I best go lie down and suck my fist.

~P~
P-TOR

8/22/2006 11:24 AM

 
Blogger Exwai-z said...

I'm guessing.. his name is FEMINIST MAN!!!

8/22/2006 2:11 PM

 
Blogger hiroshi ryan said...

It's my hope that one day I'll be able to say those very words to someone while punching them.

8/22/2006 10:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Commie perverts are lousy and deserve to suck fist.

4/12/2023 2:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home