I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Thursday, May 05, 2005

I Need To Stop Reading

Seriously, it's frigg'n killing me over here.

Allow me to explain. The comics usually arrive at work at about 10:30-11:00 in the morning on Wednesdays, so we're always there by ten (or earlier). Last week, they didn't show up until past noon, so we had to scramble pretty hard to get them out quick.

This week, they show up at nine fifty-five. That's an estimate, because when they arrived, we were all over at Chick-Fil-A getting breakfast, leaving the boss to unload the truck. So I make it a two-biscuit day, thinking we'll have a long stretch before lunch, only to knock out the work by 12:30, at which time it's off to lunch.

Now neither my lunch nor my breakfast was that big, but they were consumed pretty close together, and followed up by dinner at the BK Lounge, so I'm pretty fulll. Add to the equation that I'm currently reading (via audiobook) Mary Roach's Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers, and that it just happens to be playing the chapter on decomposition and decay for the entire hour-long drive home, and my stomach, she's a churnin'.

But maybe that's just the Tendercrisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phil Looney said...

I don't think listening to an audi book counts as reading...

5/05/2005 8:13 AM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

Yeah? Well I don't think you count as hey shut your face.

5/06/2005 1:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home