I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Leisure Suit: A Riverdale Original

Until yesterday, the shop was located rigiht next to Manifest Discs & Tapes, and we would have people coming in constantly asking where our CDs were. You could tell them a mile away as they wandered in, wide-eyed and saying things like: "Boy, y'all sure have changed since the last time I was in here." Then, sooner or later, they'd realize that they had apparently missed our bright yellow sign, the name of the shop stenciled on the door, and the several-thousand comic books and walked into the wrong store. This would happen four, five times a day.

That's one of the things I was most excited about when we moved the store--no more people wandering in by accident looking for, and this is a quote, "your Gospel section." Don't get me wrong, Manifest is a neat store, and the people who work there are nothing but cool, but it wears on you after a while.

Yesterday was our first day at the new location. The first group of customers asked me where Manifest was.

Someday, I will crush you all.

Until then, though, I'm going to continue reading through old issues of Archie like I did tonight, finding gems like this one:

Radical!
Man, check those threads. It's like he's going to a Halloween party dressed as Charles Nelson Reilly (which, now that I think of it, isn't a bad costume). The shirt alone could have sonnets written about it. And while I realize that Betty's shrieking for help, the more I look at it the more Archie just looks like he's shocked to be wearing it.

My personal favorite, though, is the little A on his belt. I just can't figure it out. It's half rodeo-prize, half utility-belt logo. It's incscrutable, and I can't think about it any longer or I might lose it entirely.

I showed the picture to Kevin, who was immediately siezed by the urge to remix it, giving us this:

Remixed by Kevin
Not to be outdone, I fired back a double-shot courtesey of my meager photoshop skills:

Do I have a sign on my garage that says Dead Jughead Storage?
And:

Yowza!

Suffice to say, I'm still pretty worn out. Feel free to make your own.

2 Comments:

Blogger naladahc said...

Meh. I tried..

This was a great article by the way.

It actually inspired me to waste 15 minutes photoshopping my own version.

11/03/2005 1:18 PM

 
Blogger Earth-2 Leigh said...

You knew I'd have to make one.

I wish I could say it only took me 15 minutes.

You guys win or something.

11/04/2005 1:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home