I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Friday, August 05, 2005

Dreams of Terror and Death... Also, Pro Wrestlers

Earlier today, my good buddy Jim posted a link to the ISB over on Newsarama, which resulted in my previous record for a day's worth of unique hits being broken by a good 50+. Unfortunately, the article that he linked to was the second half of my diatribe on the worst comics of 2004, and that's pretty much sealed my fate to be dabbling in internet obscurity for the rest of my days, instead of actually writing comics.

It's a double-edged sword. But thanks for the hook-up, Jim. Now back to the lecture at hand.

So last night I had a dream about Hulk Hogan. He was fighting someone on the roof of a four-door sedan, and while I can't remember exactly who it was, I get the feeling it was either Snake Eyes or Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. Hogan was having a little trouble putting the unspecified ninja down, but he ended up "hulking up" and legdropping him through the roof of the car.

I'm going to go ahead and blame this one on VH1 and Bryan Lee O'Malley. I mean, I've gone three years without a dream about a professional wrestler, ever since the one where Vince McMahon was launching me into space on the shuttle Discovery to fight Triple H in the first Wrestlemania to be broadcast live from the surface of the Moon. So what are the odds that it would crop up again?

Regardless, after you wake up from seeing the guy who played Thunderlips in Rocky III trouncing Sub-Zero, the rest of your day is going to seem uneventful no matter what you do.

So I took advantage of having an unattainable goal of excitement and shot low. I ended up going to see The Dukes of Hazzard with Brandon and Billy in celebration of Brandon's last day in town. I have to say, it was pretty enjoyable. If you discount the scene where the Red-Headed Stranger takes on the frigg'n Bandit, it was about on par with your Starsky and Hutch or whatnot.

But there was one scene... I don't want to spoil it for anybody, but about halfway through, there's a bit that was worth the price of the entire movie--although in the entire theater, only two groups of people got it.

After that, I winded the evening down by settling into our brand new armchair (I've always wanted an ottoman, and now I'm living the dream!) and reading Top Ten: The Forty-Niners. I won't bore you with the details, but I'm pretty sure it's better than Liberality for All.

And now the latest installment in what I'm sure is the most boring (yet perilously close to being finished) ISB series yet, Chris's Bookshelves:



That one, by virtue of actually being large enough to see, is pretty self-explanatory, so allow me to throw in a bonus shelf:



Unlike my other shelves, this one's strictly regimented: Television in alphabetical order, and then theatrical releases in alphabetical order. And yes. That's Josie and the Pussycats dead center. I love that movie, and you can all freakin' eat me.

BOOYAKASHA!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark W. Hale said...

Josie and the Pussycats is the best movie ever!

8/06/2005 12:42 AM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

Yeah, but really: If that's not what you were expecting, it's your own damn fault.

8/06/2005 4:45 PM

 
Anonymous best shop for your said...

It can't really have effect, I think this way.

10/27/2011 5:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home