I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Trade Shelf

Over at SomethingAwful, Dr. David Thorpe has written an article that I wish I was clever enough to think of: Cliffs Notes for Trapped in the Closet. Much like the Daily Show's bit on Scientology last week, this one's way better than the one I did on the same topic, and it has the added bonus of reminding me of the time when I was in high school and I spent hours in the bathtub reading through the Notes for Emily Brontë's Wuthering Heights.

Well I couldn't read them all.

Anyway, go read it. After writing a mini-treatise on manga and Photoshopping up a birthday invitation earlier, there's not much to the ISB tonight.

Instead, here's the second stop on the whirlwind tour of Chris's Bookshelves. This one's in the hallway, and it's where I keep most of my trades.


...Of which I have quite a few. Posted by Picasa


The original picture was much bigger, but I don't have the space to host a 632k image all by my lonesome.

Still, I think it's funny that the ones you can pick out most easily are Jack Staff, Steranko's Nick Fury, and of course, Watchmen.

Here's a few other notes on the Trade Shelf:

1. Between that rainbow on the left side of the second shelf and last night's picture, it occurs to me that I own a lot of books about Conan.

2. Can you find Boba Fett in this picture?

3. If you figure it by weight, I have more trades by Alan Moore than anybody else. But then again, I've got two massive Absolute Editions to blame for that. Second place goes to Frank Miller (the Elektra Lives Again hardcover is on the bottom shelf, not pictured), and then the 'Mont, thanks to all my X-Men Essentials.

By all means, feel free to discuss.

4 Comments:

Blogger Phil Looney said...

I want to see pictures of your comic boxes.

8/04/2005 9:10 AM

 
Blogger Mon-El said...

I think I found Boba!

8/04/2005 9:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, did you see what porto did to your picture?? are you gonna stand for that!? this unchecked aggression will not stand!

rob

8/04/2005 9:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This shelf looks like it might not last through the night and it would take a small bulldozer to dig out Chris's remains.

8/08/2005 6:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home