I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Sunday, January 23, 2005

It's Always the Good Ones

Before I get to anything else tonight, I just want to say that Johnny Carson was one of my favorites. I'm too young to remember him being on the Tonight Show, but with my interest in stand-up comedy, he always came up, and I was never disappointed with what I saw. I always hoped he'd have a comeback, but I guess I'll just have to stay on the straight and narrow and hope I catch his act in the next world.

The worst thing about it is that the Local News Douchebag kept practicing his "sincere face" as he promoted the Carson tribute tonight, sandwiched between a warning that temperatures were dropping and the invasion of the super-rats.

That guy almost ruins the Sunday Night ABC Rock Block every time, but fortunately this week's Boston Legal could not be stopped. I mean, it's a pretty good show usually, but this episode left its parents on Krypton. Here's a sample:

William Shatner: What's my name?
Morbidly Obese Guy: Denny Crane.
Shatner: Like you mean it!
Guy: Denny Crane!
Shatner: What's my name?!
Guy: DENNY CRANE!

And that was one of the courtroom scenes! And in case that's not enough for you, tonight's episode featured three words that are very close to my heart: hot-ass lesbians. If you're not excited about watching this show, then you, sir or madam, are made of stone.

Scott and I are so excited about it that next Saturday, we're throwing a little shindig we like to call Boston Legal Prequel Party. We're going to watch the last season of the Practice, featuring Alan Shore and the first appearance of Denny Crane, and consume some of those left-over alcoholic beverages from New Year's. It'll also be the site of the first on-location ISB update, and I encourage you all to participate. If you can't get the Practice, feel free to go back even further to any Shatner or Spader joint (I reccomend Wrath of Kahn), crack a beverage, and celebrate! Stay tuned for more updates as we move through the week.

And with that, I'll let Master Shake provide the words of wisdom for the evening: "Egypt is so boring! I mean, it doesn't even exist! You don't hear DMX rap about it!"

8 Comments:

Blogger Phil Looney said...

Those Nutria are no joke! On one episode of Insomnaic with Dave Attell, he was in New Orleans, and he went riding around with the city police department as they were out nutria hunting. They were riding around in a truck, and shooting the vile creatures from the back of the truck with a high powered BB gun. It was crazy.

1/24/2005 9:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

child is very good populer site
all world is famous good site

2/13/2007 2:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dating online is very good populer site
all world is famous good site
http://www.dating-online.co.in/

2/13/2007 2:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

accomodationsmotels is very good populer site
all world is famous good site
http://www.accomodationsmotels.org/

2/13/2007 2:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bestjewellerybox is very good populer site
all world is famous good site
http://www.bestjewellerybox.org/

2/13/2007 2:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

clothingclothes is very good populer site
all world is famous good site
http://www.clothingclothes.org/

2/13/2007 2:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

herbalhealthport is very good populer site
all world is famous good site
http://www.herbalhealthport.org/

2/13/2007 2:33 AM

 
Blogger Davenz said...

I like to read your blog..So interesting!

Regards
bowling team shirts

7/29/2010 4:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home