I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

LOCKDOWN!

ATTENTION: The ISB is being put on Ultra-High-Security Lockdown! The malevolent force known only as my sister is making her way steadily to my home. This was news that Mom dropped on me rather unceremoniously earlier today. So much like Ka-Zar, I have to deal with an evil sibling.

Unlike Ka-Zar, I'll also being with said sibling's husband and two small children while I try to knock out seven hundred words a day on why comic shop customers should at least have GEDs.

I also don't plan on punching out Thanos.

So this news was the dark spot on an otherwise fun day that involved me hanging out with Brandon. We watched Harlem Nights ("You'll be the nine-toedest, limpinest bitch in Harlem!") and played the Marvel Trivia Game I got a few years ago, and thanks to knowing Ghost Rider's first appearance by heart, I kicked his ass.

It got us talking about a bunch of Marvel characters, and I told him about the time I ran across a fan-fic called "Spider-Gwen." What I was doing finding fan-fics is my own damn business and I'll thank you to stay out of my affairs. Anyway, I--like many, I'm sure--figured it was probably a What If? about Gwen Stacy getting bitten by the radioactive spider instead of Peter Parker. But no.

It was about Gwen Stefani getting spider-powers.

I told the story to Brandon on the way back to his house, and he just turned and looked at me.

"Chris," he said, "That shit's bananas."

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark W. Hale said...

You know who loves "Harlem Nights"? My grandmother. Absolutely loves it. When we had cable she'd watch it every time it came on.

I honestly don't have anything that can top Spider-Gwen.

And you best not go punchin' Thanos. That's my boy, right there. Which probably explains why I don't recall most of that Ka-Zar run. (I almost typed Quasar. Gotta wake up.)

5/25/2005 11:24 AM

 
Blogger Jim Shelley said...

I ran across a fan-fic called "Spider-Gwen."

Actually, that sounds awesome in a Styx, the band, sort of way.

Maybe someone could do a Punisher Fan fic with that dweeb from Smashing Pumpkins!

5/25/2005 1:38 PM

 
Blogger Mark W. Hale said...

When Billy Corgan's girlfriend dumped him in Central Park for a greasy mob boss, Corgan became... The Self-Punisher!

">sigh< No one will ever understand me. The only thing I can feel anymore is pain, the pain I inflict on myself. She'll see me if I hurt enough. She'll see me if I'm pale enough."

5/25/2005 2:39 PM

 
Blogger Phil Looney said...

Genius...

5/26/2005 8:14 AM

 
Anonymous Jillian said...

This will not succeed in reality, that is what I think.

8/24/2012 11:40 PM

 
Blogger adam clean said...

لو تريد للحصول على افضل خدمات تنظيف وتعقيم خزانات المياه وانت في جدة لا عليك الا ان تقوم بالتواصل مع افضل شركه تنظيف خزانات بجده التي تستخدم مواد تنظيف وتعقيم اصلية ومعتمدة وعندها ستجد انك وقعت على الاختيار الصحيح وستحصل على خدمات ممتازة لأن اعمال شركه صيانه خزانات بجده متنوعة وتشمل الصيانة الشاملة لخزان المياه خاصتك ونهتم في شركه عزل خزانات بجده باعمال معالجة تسريب الخزانات

8/06/2020 7:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home