I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Friday, November 04, 2005

Giant-Size Badass Panels: Ode to Punching

You know, I like to think that when I'm not using the word "awesome" to describe the fine films of Ralph Macchio, I've used the ISB to develop the image of a well-read and intellectual comics reader. I'm generally well-spoken, and I do a lot of thinking about the medium.

It's a carefully-cultivated façade that I'm about to completely obliterate. Prepare yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I like the thinking-man's graphic novels as much as the next guy, but let's be honest: The one thing I like to see more than anything else in comics is a good solid punch. And deep down, you know you do too.

Unless you read shojo manga. In which case I'd really like to know how you found yourself here.

So, in keeping with that idea, I now present a special Giant-Sized edition of Badass Panels, which should be observed only while listening to Beethoven's Ode to Joy. Go ahead and download it. I promise it'll be worth it. Now press play and witness the senses-shatterning magic of...

Punching: A Retrospective


Legion of Super-Heroes #8
Infinite Crisis #1
Ultimate Secret #2
The Goon #1
Daredevil vs. Punisher #5
OMAC #2Ouch! Can we see that one from another angle?

Solo: Paul Pope
Batgirl #8
TV Guide (Courtesey of Kevin)
The Question #1
JSA #79
Sin City: The Hard Goodbye Episode 13
And finally...

Thor: Blood Oath #3

KAPOW!


Next Time on Badass Panels: Kicking!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A superb audio-visual ISB experience!" raves Gene Shallot.

11/04/2005 11:11 PM

 
Blogger Phil Looney said...

And you timed it all just right. Bravo!

11/05/2005 6:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your advice to read it with the mp3 playing was right on target! Awesome selection, Chris!

11/05/2005 11:53 PM

 
Blogger Earth-2 Leigh said...

Excellent use of that newfangled "multiple-media" technology.

11/06/2005 2:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home