I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

As a General Rule, I Travel Unarmed

"Do you have a gun?"

This is not, despite what you may have heard, a question that I normally get asked. Tonight, though, it's one that I got four times in the span of five minutes, which was so surprising the first time that I immediately responded with, "No, 'fraid I'm not packing heat tonight."

Weird question, no matter how you look at it. Although admittedly, there was a deer involved.

For some reason, said deer thought it would be a good idea to not only roam across a highway this evening, but to jump headfirst towards a speeding car, and that's a conflict from which there can be no winner.

Unlike my mother, who thought people had been siezed with the desire to go hunting after seeing the results of the collision, I knew why they wanted to know if I had a gun. I just don't get why they thought I'd have one, since I was leaning up against a Corolla with the Cheat on the window rather than a gunrack, which I'm not even sure they make for a four-door sedan. I guess my fellow motorists just assumed I'd have something with which to put the lousy car-wrecking bastard out of his misery.

And I did, but clubbing an animal to death with a Dungeon Master's Guide or a Legion of Super-Heroes Archive isn't nearly as easy as it looks.

Comics reviews as normal tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you should have just shown the deer your Infinite Crisis post. Its head would have exploded from the pure awesomeness confronting its eyes.

5/11/2006 5:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya gotta hit it with the corners.

5/11/2006 2:03 PM

 
Blogger jblackstone said...

You don't travel unarmed?

You're funeral.

*Strokes Colt .38 SAA like a cat*

5/17/2006 11:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home