I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

As a General Rule, I Travel Unarmed

"Do you have a gun?"

This is not, despite what you may have heard, a question that I normally get asked. Tonight, though, it's one that I got four times in the span of five minutes, which was so surprising the first time that I immediately responded with, "No, 'fraid I'm not packing heat tonight."

Weird question, no matter how you look at it. Although admittedly, there was a deer involved.

For some reason, said deer thought it would be a good idea to not only roam across a highway this evening, but to jump headfirst towards a speeding car, and that's a conflict from which there can be no winner.

Unlike my mother, who thought people had been siezed with the desire to go hunting after seeing the results of the collision, I knew why they wanted to know if I had a gun. I just don't get why they thought I'd have one, since I was leaning up against a Corolla with the Cheat on the window rather than a gunrack, which I'm not even sure they make for a four-door sedan. I guess my fellow motorists just assumed I'd have something with which to put the lousy car-wrecking bastard out of his misery.

And I did, but clubbing an animal to death with a Dungeon Master's Guide or a Legion of Super-Heroes Archive isn't nearly as easy as it looks.

Comics reviews as normal tomorrow.


Anonymous Dorkamus Prime said...

Dude, you should have just shown the deer your Infinite Crisis post. Its head would have exploded from the pure awesomeness confronting its eyes.

5/11/2006 5:11 AM

Blogger Mallet said...

Ya gotta hit it with the corners.

5/11/2006 2:03 PM

Blogger Skip Jordan said...

You don't travel unarmed?

You're funeral.

*Strokes Colt .38 SAA like a cat*

5/17/2006 11:37 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home