I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Saturday, March 03, 2007

The ISB Guide to Writing: A Preview

As part of my ongoing book deal--which promises to kick into high gear later this year when my first novel, The Chronicles of Solomon Stone, Book One: Enter: Solomon: Stone Me Deadly hits shelves just in time for the St. Swithin's Day rush--I've been approached about writing a handy How-To Guide for the aspiring comics blogger.

And why not? With over six dozen unique visitors stopping by to see the latest in crayon-based parody or super-hero animal-fighting, I've certainly achieved a truly profound level of success. Unless you take "success" to imply any kind of monetary reward, in which case... well, maybe I should just go with "notoriety."

Regardless, not a day goes by that I'm not stopped in the street and asked something like, "Chris, how do you do it? Ladies love you, girls adore you, I mean even the ones who never saw you! What is your secret?"

"Well, Dave Campbell," I say, "It all boils down to one simple rule." And in the interest of whetting your appetite for the How-To Guide (tentatively scheduled for release on Take Your Daughter To Work Day Weekend of 2009, assuming the internet hasn't crumbled under repeated crackings in half due to Ronin being revealed to be Aunt May or whatever), I'd like to present that rule to you right now:



Know your audience.




More ISB Guides to Writing:
| Silver Age Horror Comics For Fun and Profit |

6 Comments:

Blogger LaRue said...

I'm most assuredly in your target audience, then. "Smash..Destroy" made me laugh before I'd finished reading the post.

Of course, I have been into the whiskey, too.

Still, if you wrote a book on writing, I'd buy it. Hell, if you produced a collection of crayon-drawn superhero parodies, I'd shell out for that, too.

3/04/2007 7:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight..

You'd like to rock right now, you're name's Rob Base and you came to get down?

3/04/2007 9:35 AM

 
Blogger DYKC?™ said...

..you're not internationally known, but you're known to rock the Comics zone?

If you do some Luke Cage crayon parodies, I'll give you....RESPECT! That's got to be worth somethin', bruh :)

3/04/2007 12:29 PM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

So we can all agree, then, that this post was stupid.

I mean, outrageous.

3/04/2007 5:56 PM

 
Blogger Art Williams said...

I for one am amused to see others got your shout-out to Rob Base. Holla!

3/05/2007 8:24 AM

 
Blogger Spencer Carnage said...

I still stand by my previous assertion that you're the comic book bloggers Mark Millar. But in a nice way.

3/08/2007 5:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home