I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sickday 2007

As most of you have probably figured out already from the fact that my last few posts have been of the "Here, look at this amusing picture" variety, I've been fending off a cold for the last week or so, and tonight, I think it might be worth some time to actually try sleeping instead of enticing my readership with teaser images for my upcoming ROM Week.

Instead, please enjoy this picture of Jimmy Olsen hitting his girlfriend with a pastry:



Oh calm down, it all works out okay:



Here's something to keep you busy until I feel better: Try coming up with a story that ends with those two panels that is anywhere near as crazy as the Jerry Siegel/Curt Swan original.




BONUS FEATURE: Bonus Content Rides Again!


If you feel like you just can't go on without your daily bit of criticism from me, your beloved Internet loudmouth, take heart: I've got a new article up on CRACKED.com where I examine Ben Stiller's film career with the same critical eye that brought you observations like "Batman kicking people is awesome."

Here's my favorite bit:

Madagascar (2005)

Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, and Sasha Baron Cohen in a movie together? Sounds great! What? It's a computer-animated kid-flick about zoo animals trying to get to the wild and learning a lesson about themselves in the process? Well, okay, I guess it could—oh, David Schwimmer's in it?

Yeah, we'll pass.


Go read the rest!

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger LurkerWithout said...

You do the wretched Starsky & Hutch but not Mystery Men? What kind of comics nerd are you?!?

Waffle Man, AWAY!

4/18/2007 3:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Flirting With Disaster is a good film. It's sure as hell better than Night in the Museum!

4/18/2007 7:10 AM

 
Blogger S Bates said...

I didn't really like Zoolander and Starsky & Hutch bored me to tears. Yet, I liked Madagascar (mind you, I like animated films and don't think much of Ben Stiller).

So, although I may agree with you on awesome comic books, we must agree to disagree on movies.

4/18/2007 7:38 AM

 
Blogger Phil Looney said...

ou show a panel like that, and don't make an Ike and Tina joke?

4/18/2007 8:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should do a critical look at the filmography of Ben Stein now.

seriously.

4/18/2007 12:08 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Jett said...

Jimmy and Sandra might be doing the most violent version of the always awkward “just shoulders touching, no-pelvis-contact” hug I’ve ever seen in the second panel. Maybe they had a manatee between them or something...

4/18/2007 1:48 PM

 
Blogger Dweeze said...

Sacha Baron Cohen’s King Julian and the penguins alone make Madagascar worth seeing. The penguins have the best line spoken in any movie in 2005.

4/18/2007 2:15 PM

 
Blogger Jeff Rients said...

Thanks, Chris! My wife and I thought no one else in the whole world liked Zoolander. We think it's hilarious.

4/18/2007 4:16 PM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

"Zoolander is the Producers of our time."
--Tug

4/18/2007 8:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME BLOG DUDE!!!

Keep it up!

Yeah!

4/19/2007 3:21 PM

 
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

: )

4/19/2007 5:21 PM

 
Blogger Liga Zon Sagres said...

Que altamente!!!

:)

4/24/2007 9:57 AM

 
Blogger Liga Zon Sagres said...

:)

Que blog altamente!!!

4/24/2007 9:57 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

In an atomic unloading ground a disposed of crystal is struck by lightning, and connecting it to the telecom tower where the radio test show Golden Questions is broadcasting. https://www.theleathermakers.com/asymmetrical-style-womens-blue-jacket/

11/03/2020 3:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home