I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Saturday, August 12, 2006

It's My Birthday!



Yes friends, today is the day that I turn 24 years old, and while I did not get to celebrate by crucifying Dave Campbell atop a giant cake shaped like my own head, well, there's always next year.

Seriously, though, I've had a good time. Especially since everyone's favorite fangirls, Ragnell and Kalinara, decided to celebrate along with me by devoting their blogs to scenes of punch-oriented super-hero violence. Of course, a birthday isn't a birthday without cake, and in case you feel like gaining a few pounds in my honor, Brandon at Random Panels has contributed a delicious and satanic recipie for a tasty treat.

Even more than those, however, a heartfelt thanks goes out to Kevin Church, who created the single most totally awesome birthday tribute ever. Check it.

So what am I doing to celebrate? Taking the week off!

Yes, until Next Friday, when we resume with another installment of the Week in Ink, the ISB is taking a cue from Mike Sterling and going into "Low Content Mode," wherein the sum total of my content every day will be a super-hero kicking someone in the face.

Because here on the ISB, I do about four things well.



And that's one of them.

(Seriously, though: Thanks to the above folks and everyone who stopped by to wish me well. You guys are awesome.)

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, though I am bummed at the week off. Hopefully the face kicks can turn this frown upside down.

8/13/2006 12:29 AM

 
Blogger SmoothJimmyApollo said...

Congrats on making it another 365 days without dying. I shall enjoy periodically giving you money for words and drawings on pieces of paper in the near future. In all seriousness, have a good birthday.

8/13/2006 2:58 AM

 
Blogger Steven said...

Seriously, I've been looking forward to your ode to kicking since I first read this post, so I'm good to go.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

8/13/2006 3:47 AM

 
Blogger ASK said...

Happy Birthday. You're my best source for letting me know what's crap in this weeks comics these days.

8/13/2006 5:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday dude, Mantlo would be proud of the work you do.

8/13/2006 9:24 AM

 
Blogger Bill Reed said...

Haps, yo.

8/13/2006 11:53 AM

 
Blogger Senor Cheeseburger said...

It's my birthday too! Yipee! Hooray!

8/13/2006 1:39 PM

 
Blogger The Doc said...

Happy Belated Birthday. 7 days of face-kicking is a poor substitute for the typical ISB awesomeness, but it will have to do.

8/13/2006 8:38 PM

 
Blogger Greg said...

Happy Birthday, sir. I look forward to the kicking.

8/13/2006 8:53 PM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

How exactly is seven days of face-kicking different from the typical ISB awesomeness?

8/13/2006 9:07 PM

 
Blogger Earth-2 Leigh said...

Ah, the traditional birthday face-kickings (one for each year!)... I know them well.

Happy birthday!

8/13/2006 11:38 PM

 
Blogger hiroshi ryan said...

happy belated birthday. keep it up for another year of awesomeness.

8/13/2006 11:53 PM

 
Blogger Mon-El said...

Sims! Crazy kid...happy bday! Apologies for the delay, I just got back from Chaos Inc., aka a wedding in Virginia. So you still want that Absolute Supergirl From Krypton book? ;)

Hope you got lots of toys!

:)

8/14/2006 11:17 AM

 
Blogger JG said...

Man, you're 5 days older than me. Five! Thus due to your seniority, I can never surpass you as master of quick-wittedness and humour in the blogosphere.

/Tap-tap-taparoo

8/14/2006 12:26 PM

 
Blogger Spencer Carnage said...

Oh, and I just bought the best What If comic to be used in celebratory Blow Your Mindness, but it'll be like 3 weeks before I get a chance to scan it. Do you ever stop to consider others before you have a birthday, Chris?

8/14/2006 5:06 PM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

Never.

8/14/2006 5:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Chris! Sorry about the lateness of these wishes, but you were probably too busy with hot wimmen and ass kickin' anyway.

I hope the day was good and that your days ahead are filled with awesome face kicks. Not to you personally, of course.

May your days be long, your alcoholic beverages cold, and may this man always be in your corner.

8/16/2006 6:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A week late, but Happy Birthday, whippersnapper!

8/19/2006 2:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home