I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Friday, February 16, 2007

Radio ISB #004

Look out, airwaves! Radio ISB's gonna *#%$ you up!



Click the picture above to download the latest and greatest Invincible Super-Blog podcast! (27 minutes, 12.3 MB mp3)

Tonight's Theme: Alienating My Audience!

Featuring all my thoughts on the Transformers, pot-shots at the people who actually like Anita Blake, and the deadliest interview segment alive, which only sounds like it was recorded via the tin-can-and-string method. Believe it!

Show Notes

Richard Marcej has a website, where you can find out more about him and order your own copy of Action Figure.

Shane Bailey's "Meanwhile..." is updated every Tuesday on Blog@Newsarama. The post in question can be found here.

The Rack Raids review of Justice League of America #5.

Kevin Church, and his and Benjamin Birdie's new webcomic, The Rack.

Bully the Little Stuffed Bull's post on Giant Green Star Wars Rabbit.

Dave Campbell.

Mike "Sugarbear" Sterling.

Ragnell.

The Music:

Intro: The Soviettes - Land of Clear Blue Radio

Break: The Kleptones - Save (From the absolutely essential "A Night At The Hip-Hopera")

Outro: Van Halen - Panama

For more information about Van Halen, please see Episode 9 of Channel 101's Yacht Rock.

15 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Church said...

Could I sound any more adenoidal? The answer: no.

2/17/2007 2:42 AM

 
Blogger LurkerWithout said...

Would it kill you to do these things on nights when I'm actually at HOME to listen to them. Now I've got to wait like 7 hours. Stupid work with its stupid no speakers...

2/17/2007 2:44 AM

 
Blogger Ragnell said...

Kevin Church had better post a damned good Otter Prime strip this week to distract me from that last answer.

2/17/2007 3:09 AM

 
Blogger bitterandrew said...

Hey! The Soviettes! I'm proud of you, Grasshopper.

2/17/2007 7:03 AM

 
Blogger Phil Looney said...

I'm sad that there wasn't just a little more Wu-Tang in that 5 Deadly Questions Intro.

2/17/2007 9:05 AM

 
Blogger Nathan P. Mahney said...

Aha, Transformers - you are now speaking my language!

2/17/2007 10:01 AM

 
Blogger DYKC?™ said...

The question is, Ragnell, would you really want Church to choose you out of the list that Sims kicked out?!

2/17/2007 12:24 PM

 
Blogger David Campbell said...

Some day I will have my vengeance on all y'all.

2/17/2007 1:01 PM

 
Blogger Tom Foss said...

What program(s) do you use to mix your podcasts? Because I've been thinking about doing one of my own, and yours are top-notch.

2/17/2007 1:23 PM

 
Blogger Dorian said...

Kevin chose wrong on the MFK question. Sterling loves you with his fists.

2/17/2007 1:37 PM

 
Blogger Bully said...

Even I will admit that Otter Prime would utterly destroy Giant Green Star Wars Rabbit.

2/17/2007 3:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another great podcast! And as Tom notes, it *sounds* great - very polished, and you've got a natural feel for the medium.

2/17/2007 5:33 PM

 
Blogger Kevin Church said...

Sims will probably correct me, but I know that I turned him onto Audacity, a difficult-to-learn but free and quite efficient way of doing things once you're up and running.

2/17/2007 5:40 PM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

Kevin's right: I record everything into Audacity using a headset mic I picked up for free six years ago while I worked at Staples, and I've pretty much been learning as I go, as evidenced by the fact that I forgot to do about four major edits in this one. It's pretty time consuming though: This one, for instance, took a pretty solid bit of work from 4 PM until around 1:30 or 2, when I finished editing the interview and posted it. That's not counting two hours of me goofing off in the middle, though.

2/17/2007 11:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently got engaged and my fiance and I have been talking a lot about kids and what to do with them and I'm ashamed to say that I have not brought up what Kevin said, teaching the kid about Swamp Thing. I'm already a horrible father. Although now that it's on my mind, that kid is going to know about swamp thing, unless I'm sterile.

2/20/2007 9:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home