I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Alas, Poor Chair

Ladies and gentlemen, it is the end of an era.

My chair has finally broken.

Now, this might not seem like a great bit of news to you people, but trust me: It is. And not just because I've been playing a lot of board games recently and those don't make for exciting reading.

It was after playing one of those very games tonight that I walked back over to my computer, content to sit down and bang out a few hundred words of pure genius for the teeming masses. But alas, it was not to be.

When I sat down in my chair, as I have virtually every day for at least the past five years, The right side of the chair back broke off from the frame, falling listlessly.

For those of you familiar with my intense and abiding laziness, it should come as no surprise that I write from the comfort of a recliner, but it seems even those have their limits. Now, I am set adrift in a sea of stiff-backed office chairs whose leather seats interfere with my desire to write jokes about Brian Pulido whilst wearing little to no pants.

It was inevitable, I suppose. You can't throw yourself down into a chair every day and engage in the sort of T. Catt-related activity in which I may or may not partake without suffering the eventual consequences.

I go now to mourn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Shelley said...

One Night in Chyna! That's what you were talking about wasn't it?

7/12/2005 11:02 PM

 
Blogger Mark W. Hale said...

I bet it was Tom Bergeron, sneaking in at night and loosening the bolts in your chair.

(He was also host of the surprise hit of the summer "Dancing with the Stars.")

7/13/2005 12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home