I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Friday, November 11, 2005

What an Incredible Smell You've Discovered!

This should come as no surprise to anyone, but on the list of things I love, pie comes in pretty high on the list. In fact, during the course of our three-year relationship, pie consistently ranked higher than my ex-girlfriend Melanie, which is something I'd tell her every now and then.

I'm pretty sure that was a contributing factor in the break-up.

Regardless, when I get some pie, it is on til the break of dawn, and I love it in all its forms. In fact, I may actually be the only person alive who would stop in the middle of a carefully-planned crime and drop everything if offered a delicious Hostess Fruit Pie. They are delicious.

That's why I rolled past my friendly neighborhood McDonald's the other day and bought myself a couple of their Baked Apple Pies. I wasn't that hungry, and would've gone with only one, but it is physically impossible to by one pie from a fast food restaurant these days. So I get my pies and lean in for the first whiff of hot, apple-cinnamon joy, and get a noseful of scrambled eggs instead.

Now I'm not exactly sure how you can make a bag of apple pies smell like my least-favorite breakfast food, but McDonald's somehow managed.

But by God, that didn't stop me from eating them.