I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Friday, December 22, 2006

Radio ISB #003



That's right, the Radio ISB Christmas Special Podcast is on the air, and in addition to being highly festive, it might actually be the worst podcast ever. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that until about four hours into working on it, and like my father always told me, you dance with the girl what brung you.

Actually, that may have been Andy Griffith who said that. Oh well!

Show Notes:

The newly remastered Marvel Two-In-One Christmas Special post.

CRACKED.com's Christmas Comedy Encyclopedia.

G4TV's Attack of the Show, where they recognize the power of Batman chucking a battery.

The Music:

Intro: My Chemical Romance - All I Want For Christmas Is You (originally from an out-of-print compilation CD called Kevin & Bean's Christmas in the 909)

Break: Frank Sinatra - I Believe

Outro: The Vince Guaraldi Trio - Christmastime Is Here (Because seriously, if you want to talk about three guys who went into work one day and knocked it out of the park, it's the VG3).




BONUS FEATURE: Listen to Superman!




I'd originally planned to take the last segment of the podcast to promote Penny Arcade's Child's Play Charity. On the off chance that you're not familiar with it, Child's Play is built around raising money for children's hospitals and buying video games to entertain sick kids, and I really can't think of anything that says Christmas quite like that.

Plus, while vindictiveness should never be your primary motivation for helping your fellow man, it's always nice to be able to point at an idiot like Jack Thompson and remind him that the same people who made Grand Theft Auto such a big hit are the same folks who have raised over two million dollars for sick children since 2003. Please, check out what they do.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom Foss said...

I love the Cracked column, even if I'd switch Nightmare Before Christmas with A Christmas Story. One is half of the catalog of "Tim Burton movies that I'd pay money to see," the other is "the reason I don't watch TNT anywhere near Christmas, lest I feel the uncontrollable urge to gouge my eyes out with spoons."

12/23/2006 1:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, I love you. But seriously, that podcast left something to be desired. But hey, at least you admitted it.Still, the cracked.com thing was worth it.

12/23/2006 4:11 PM

 
Blogger Mark said...

Chris, when you gonn do more Radio ISBs?

You might even consider throwing a little .xml file into http://www.the-isb.com/podcast/ and update it each time you add an mp3, so that people can point their podcatchers at it.

1/26/2007 6:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home