I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Saturday Night's All Right

It occurs to me that I might be able to shake my frigg'n cough if I didn't spend every Saturday night in a smoky bar.

What started as another attempt at Dragon Bowling Night turned into yet another Saturday night spent at a fine alcohol dispensary with MG3. I've been wanting to take a break, but I'm pretty easy to coerce. I'd be a terrible recovering alcoholic.

Anyway, true to my plans, I was not at the Art Bar. I was at Bar None down in Five Points, which is completely different. They don't have live music, but they do have food and a Shuffleboard table. I was looking forward to giving that a try, but the table was dominated for the entirity of the night by two guys who looked like they just came from the Gap and stopped off for four hours of shuffleboard before their Texas Hold 'Em game with the other frat boys.

So mostly we just sat around eating bar food and talking about how awesome Rocky is.

Also, in today's installment of What Not To Say, here's a conversation I had at work that repeats itself ad infinitum every day. It's important to know for this one that the store's sign reads "COMICS, GAMES, TOYS, FUN!" That is, after all, what we sell. And hell, if you come in when Chad's talking about Hooper, the fun's free. Regardless:

"Hey, y'all sell Xbox games?"
"No, I'm afraid we don't sell video games of any kind."
"What?! Well what kind of games DO you have?!"
"Card games, roleplaying games, and board games."
"Sports games? Like on the Xbox?"
Now what did I just say? They're like fucking goldfish, I swear. "... No, board games. We don't sell video games of any kind."

I need sleep.

5 Comments:

Blogger Phil Looney said...

Aw man, I didn't know you guys carried XBox games. How about PS2, cause that's the only system I have. Do you carry those games?

2/27/2005 8:39 AM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

Here's the thing, Phil. I've gotten that one too!

2/27/2005 12:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooper's an awesome movie. it's got terry bradshaw in it.
rob

2/27/2005 12:51 PM

 
Blogger adam clean said...

من افضل واقوى الشركات التي تقدم خدمات مكافحة حشرات المنزل البق والصراصير والنمل والعته تلك التي تستخدم مبيدات آمنة وفعالة ومضمونة مثل شركة مكافحة صراصير بجدة التي تتعامل في مكافحة الحشرات المنزلية وتستخدم مبيدات آمنة ومضمونة كما هو الوضع او النظام في مثل شركة مكافحة حشرات التي تتعامل مع الحشرات في المنازل

2/01/2020 5:41 AM

 
Blogger مايكروسيستم said...

شركة شراء اثاث مستعمل بالقطيف

شركة كشف
تسربات المياه بالرياض


 شركة مكافحة
حشرات بالرياض


 شركة تسليك
مجاري بالرياض


 شركة تسليك
مجاري بالاحساء


 شركة مكافحة
حشرات بالاحساء

 

10/16/2020 11:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home