I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Monday, February 21, 2005

Dragon Bowling Night

So tonight was Dragon Bowling Night, and it was supposed to be awesome.

It all started Saturday, when Scott mentioned that he'd recently been bowling, and Matt G jumped on the idea. A group of us immediately decided we should make an outing of it.

Here's a little known Sims fact: I love to bowl. I absolutely suck at it, but it's a lot of fun. I even have my own ball, shoes, wrist guard, and even a black satin shirt with Big Daddy embroidered in red on the back. And it is tight, yo.

I haven't been in a while, though. Inspired by the best movie ever made, I used to hit Gamecock Lanes all the time with my friend Jennifer, but over the past few years, I haven't gotten down to the alley too much. So needless to say, I was pretty excited about busting up some pins with my homies.

This morning, I dusted off the ol' bag that holds Rolling Thunder, practiced my best "Lemme tell you something, pendejo," in the mirror, and set off for Dragon Bowling Night.

Really, with a lineup featuring me, Matt G, Scott, Chad, and Shaka B, how could you go wrong?

Well, I'll tell you. You could walk into bowling alley on league night and try to grab a lane. Not happening, bro.

What did happen was that we waited around for a while in the alley's overpriced arcade, where I played Marvel vs. Capcom 2 with Shaka and Chad.

For the record, Shaka obliterated me, but he was using cheapass Cable, so I think I got the moral victory. The lineups were varied, and included appearances by Megaman, Jill (from Resident Evil), Shuman Gorath, Iron Man in his little-seen Silver Centurion/Football Pants armor, and of course, Li'l Boneclaws.

But alas, even Strider Hiryu going toe-to-toe with the Juggernaut was not enough to keep our interest for the two hours we would've had to wait to get a lane, so Bowling Night was pretty much killed before it even got off the ground. We split up, and Matt and I waited around a little while, but decided against sticking around the alley.

And when I got in the car, I swear to God, Danny Boy was on the radio. Poor Bowling Night.

But don't worry, chums, we're going to try next week on a non-league night. And when I got home, there was a nice email about the Western Project waiting for me, and I'm starting to get excited about that.

So keep your ears to the ground, because when it's all said and done, you might just hear Rolling Thunder make its way down the lanes... once again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Elmer said...

I read really much effective material here!
moving company maryland | toyota camry | natural herbs for anxiety

11/26/2011 5:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home