I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Sunday, August 14, 2005

My New Career Goal

So that's it.

Now that I've finally achieved my life's goal of being recognized in a bar for something I've created, I'm giving up on this whole writing thing to move on to new and different fields. And for once, I know exactly what my goals are.

It's not going to be easy, but hey, I'm twenty-three now, and sometimes you have to step up to the challenges life throws your way in order to move on.

I'd been thinking about it even before I ran into Valerie last night, right about the time I got in an argument with a twelve year-old about who rocked harder: NĂ¼-Metal posterchildren System of a Down or the poet of hope for the downtrodden himself, Mister Ronnie James Dio. I'll let you figure out which side of the argument I came in on, but I will say this. One of these people rode upon the wings of a demon and battled robots at the end of time, and also sang "Rainbow in the Dark." The others did not. Just sayin'.

Anyway, it was around the time I went back-to-back with Matt P, shooting 'em down with my air guitar during Holy Diver, when I realized that the story would eventually end up on the ISB, and maybe I should just give up the ghost.

So what am I going to be doing instead, you may well be asking yourself?

Well, gentle reader, that's where you come in, because while I've got my future career mapped out, I'm going to need your help with it.

I've decided to pursue a field that will combine both my incredible mental prowess with my awesome martial arts skills, but I'm going to need the help of a team of scientists--preferably those who already have their own bright yellow beekeeper hats--to help out. It'll be the culmination of everything I've always wanted from life. I'm going to become...

A Mental Organism Designed Only for Karate.

Probably The Most Awesome Thing You've Ever Seen,
By J. Martinez


Get ready to be rocked in '06, chumps.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny post...

8/15/2005 12:28 AM

 
Blogger Phil Looney said...

I'm very disappointed that you never ask me to draw this stuff...

8/15/2005 8:41 AM

 
Blogger Mark W. Hale said...

Speaking of karate... what the heck was that Karate Kid musical clip you posted on here a million months ago? It's pretty awesome, and I still have it on my computer, but when I went looking for information about it on Google I only found something called "It's Karate, Kid!" I downloaded some of the songs and they are not the same or as funny as what you posted here. Help a brother out.

8/15/2005 1:16 PM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

Mark, that was a segment from The Karate Kid Rock Opera, a track from Mike and Duane's album. They're buddies of a friend of mine, and I picked their CD up from CDBaby. It was like ten bucks, and eight minutes of Karate Kid set to music were well worth it.

8/15/2005 10:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fellow Kirby/MODOK/floating chair lover, behold my collection:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=547

9/25/2006 8:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home