I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Sunday, April 01, 2007

AFD 2007: Blood Oath In 30 Seconds

[Instead of the normal layout, visitors to the ISB on April 1, 2007 were greeded instead with the shocking pink sight of Fatasgardian.net: The World's #1 Volstagg Fan-Page!, complete with its own This was, of course, intended to be a joke, despite the fact that I pretty much already have the world's #1 Volstagg fan-site. Anyway, in an effort at self-parody, I spent my workday on a "30 Second" recap of Thor: Blood Oath that I hope everybody got a kick out of. For the full effect, check out these pictures!]



You've probably all heard about it already, but for those of you who have missed out on the latest controversey, well, Jerry (the idiot who runs TubbyViking.com, the world's SECOND best Volstagg Fan-Site) is at it again.

In his latest "fan"-fiction (and I use the term loosely, Jerry), "My Dinner With Volstagg," he writes about a guy named Barry who becomes Volstagg's best friend on Midgard (Earth) and then spends the second half of the story having Volstagg talk about how much better he is than his old friend, Rick Tims.

Not Cool, Jerry!!!!

Did you really think I wouldn't be able to see through your "clever" ruse? You're not Loki, pal, and your little schemes are only showing the world of V-Stagg Fandom how petty you really are!

But far be it from me to sink to your level! Instead, I'm offering up what everyone REALLY wants to see: The latest installment in my comprehensive series adaptating every major appearance of the Lion of Asgard! And this time, it's Mike Oeming and Scott Kolins' voluminously awesome mini-series, Blood Oath!

Click any of the pictures to view them at a size worthy of the greatest of the Warriors Three!



















I think that shows who the REAL #1 Volstagger is around here, Jerry.




More AFD Shennanigans:

| AFD 2006: chris's vulnerable emo blog |

27 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I say this every time, but great job once again on the Volstagg re-cap. Blood Oath was great, but could have used more of the Voluminous One.

I still don't understand why you won't post a link to my Volstagg/Midgard Serpent erotic fanfic site on your main page, though. I think your readers would really enjoy it.

4/01/2007 6:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who among us doth not love April Fools Day?

Razzle dazzle!

4/01/2007 9:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Verily!

4/01/2007 9:12 AM

 
Blogger Mike Haseloff said...

I just gouged my eyes out.



Wisdom was a bonus.

4/01/2007 10:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever Sims! I'm three times the Volstagg fan you are, and the tattoo that I have on my penis proves it! Now that's the Lion of Asgard!

4/01/2007 10:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pissed. I came here expecting some April Fool's tomfoolery, but instead find the ISB has become what it was destined to become...
So, no jokes at all? Let-down.

4/01/2007 11:59 AM

 
Blogger rob! said...

impressive, sir. i wanted to do something similar for the Aquaman Shrine (turning it into the Sub-Mariner Shrine for the day), but i lacked the time and committment to do it as throughly as you.

Voltagg would certainly raise a flagon of mead in tribute!

4/01/2007 12:18 PM

 
Blogger Vaklam said...

Volstagg doth roll mightily indeed, friend! Truly the playa-haytas such as that punk-ass varlot Loki are to be pitied on this day

4/01/2007 2:45 PM

 
Blogger Richelle Mead said...

Chris, I'm glad you and I have an understanding.

4/01/2007 2:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PLEASE LET THIS BE REAL

4/01/2007 2:55 PM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

Tattoo, Jerry? Do they let fifteen year-olds get tattoos now? I'd suspect foul play even if that picture you posted DIDN'T have the telltale smears of (poorly done!!!!!) washable marker work!

4/01/2007 3:32 PM

 
Blogger A.R.Yngve said...

Verily, 'tis is an April Fools' Day worthy of the Gods!
:)

4/01/2007 3:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet chocolate Jesus...the 30 second recap, the renamed links to other bloggers*, oodles of love for the Solomon Burke of Asgard**, this whole page...

It's beautiful. I think I need a moment to collect myself.

** You know Volstagg has a beautiful baritone. You just know he does.

4/01/2007 3:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doing a Google Image search for "tubby viking" is surprisingly disappointing.

4/01/2007 3:58 PM

 
Blogger Benito said...

Is it wrong that I kind of want it to stay this way?

4/01/2007 6:53 PM

 
Blogger Adam said...

dude, where's my Marvel Select Volstagg? Hasbro better not be holdin' out, knowmsayin'?

4/01/2007 6:54 PM

 
Blogger Aaron said...

So, uhhh... Since it's 4/1, I'm ASSUMING you think this is all hee-hee-funnylaffs. But I'm gonna have to agree with the folks who've said it before... This is pretty OK for permanent as far as I'm concerned. I mean, he ain't the Lion of Asgard just because of that pimpin' beard.

4/01/2007 7:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee heeee.

(Though I gotta admit, I liked the Emo Blog better. In a horrified train wreck sort of way.)

4/01/2007 7:27 PM

 
Blogger SallyP said...

I say thee...yeah!!

4/01/2007 7:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You STILL haven't weighed in on the Volstagg controversy over in UltimateThor! Does Land trace Cedric the Entertainer whenever he draws UltVolstagg or not??

--Brian

4/01/2007 8:14 PM

 
Blogger zc said...

I knew there was a reason I awoke today.

4/01/2007 10:35 PM

 
Blogger Brandon Bragg said...

The Kennethson is pleased!

4/01/2007 11:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's wrong, benito, I don't wanna be right.

4/02/2007 1:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet VALKYRIE cameo appearance!

Forsooth!
Sims doth rocketh!

~P~
P-TOR

4/02/2007 12:20 PM

 
Blogger Twobyfour said...

"Razzle Dazzle" ... this made me blow milk out my nose.

4/02/2007 12:36 PM

 
Blogger Jeff said...

Flawless Victory, Mr. Sims.

4/02/2007 4:40 PM

 
Blogger Art Williams said...

You know what the beautiful thing about the prank was that if you googled Volstagg, you come up 3rd in the list. Not bad for a goof.

4/03/2007 9:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home